"it offers an example of restoring habitat crucial to the survival of songbirds and pollinators and meets most or all of these five criteria:
Scroll down to see the post about the Blum meadow on the 2014 Awards page.
- provides layers, shelter and nesting opportunities,
- offers natural food sources (emphasizing native and regionally adapted plants),
- provides fresh water for drinking and bathing,
- is water-wise and energy-efficient,
- relies on no or minimal pesticide use, including control of invasive species. "